2017 PURE STOCK RULES & REGULATIONS
2017 PURE STOCK RULES & REGULATIONS
This pure stock class is a racing division focused on family participation and is based on rules that will accommodate lower cost and competition. All cars will be subject to re-inspection at anytime and if found illegal will forfeit all money and points for that evening. The intent of all rules in this decision is for the safety of all participants. The rules are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury, death to a participant, spectator, or officials.
DRIVERS RACING IN THIS CLASS CANNOT RACE ANY
OTHER DIVISION THAT NIGHT.
Raceivers are required in all classes.
Chassis & Body Rules:
1. The pure stock cars must have a minimum of 106" wheelbase, full framed car. No shortening of factory wheelbase. Rear wheel drive cars only. Uni-body cars must tie frames together with 2" box tubing, and roll cage must be welded to tubihng added to frame.
2. Stock appearing steel body panels only. Fenders,doors, and quarter panels must remain as close as possible to original body lines. No skirting or body panels lower than stock. After market plastic nose and tail pieces allowed.
No altering of trunk pan or inner wheel wells except for tire clearance. Hole in hood for air filter ok. Hood scoops ok.
3. The car must run original body as make of frame, have full floor boards, and full fire walls in stock location. No fabricating of fire walls. Patching of rust holes is mandatory.
4. All chrome must be removed inside and out on body of car. Numbers must appear on both doors and roof of car.
5. No frame changes. Seat must be mounted a minimum of 30" in front of center of rear axle to point where shoulder harness goes through the seat.
6.Doors must be welded, chained, or bolted shut.
7. Competition type 4 point cage mandatory with a minimum of 3 bars in drivers door and 2 bars in passenger door. Roll cage is permitted to have brace bars extending through firewall.
8. Three bars are required in windshield area for driver protection. Four point shoulder harness, racing seat, and fuel cell are required. No outside rub bars allowed. 2" straps are required in the mounting of the fuel cells.
9. Stock bumpers front and rear, a hoop is allowed on front and rear bumper. Support braces to front hoop can be ran to frame but must be within 1" proceeding no further back than the radiator. Rear hoop can be braced inside trunk to frame. Bumper ends may be cut, but must be capped. No hoops extending past bumpers.
10. No mirrors allowed, No Adjustable Brakes.
11. Two driveshaft hoops are mandatory. Drive shafts are to be painted white.
12. If battery is in drivers compartment it must be enclosed in a marine type box with a lid.
13. All weights must be painted white. Weight must be mounted with bolts to the frame or roll cage, not on top of roll cage or on rear bumper.
14. Steering quickeners optional.
1. All suspension parts must remain in stock location. Racing sprints are allowed. No weight jacks. Non adjustable spring spacers allowed on front only.
2. Non adjustable racing shocks are allowed, but shocks may be claimed at any time for $100.00 per shock. Claim will be done with track pit steward. If driver refuses to sell shock he will lose his money and points for that night. Only one shock per wheel.
3.Shocks must be mounted in original stock location. Stock A-frames only. Stock cross member only and no fabricated X s in frame.
4. On leaf spring cars, stock spring and stock length spring. ADJUSTABLE SHACKLES NOT PERMITTED. NO lowering blocks.
5. Spoilers Allowed on Trunk only: 8" Max: Side supports may be 15" long from the bottom forward, 2" high in front.
Transmissions & Rear-Ends:
1. Transmission and rear-end must be stock for make and model of car. Ex.GM, to GM Ford to Ford-Mopar to Mopar. Front A arms and trailing arms must use stock rubber bushings.
1A) Ford 9" rear ends may be used but must be mounted in stock location. No aluminum brake calipers.
2. Automatic transmissions only.No direct drives. Must start under own power. Must have working torque converter.
3. Stock location on rear-ends and stock rear-end control arms. No lengthening or shortening of control arms.
4. No tucker transmissions.
Wheels & Tires:
1. Any 60 or 70 series street legal tires. No mud and snow tires allowed. No grooving of tires.
~UMP Hoosier Mod Tires-D,A, H are allowed. No grooving or siping allowed. Buffing tires is allowed.
2. Maximum 8" wheels. Oversized lug stud and lug nuts required on right side. 1" lug nuts required. Wheel safety will be strictly enforced.
3. STEEL WHEELS ONLY. Bead locks allowed on right side only.
1.No aluminum heads or blocks. Motor must be stock for make and model of car.
2. No dual line "or" double pump cars allowed. One four barrel, Holley. Quadra jet or Edlebrock ok. No aftermarket carbs. Max 1" spacer allowed. Stock two barrel ok. No alcohol.
3. Cast iron intakes only. No bowtie or marine intakes. No aluminum or high-rise intakes.
4. Headers optional. Exhaust turndowns must be minimum 6" behind firewall, max 12" behind firewall.
5. STEEL HEADS ONLY. No roller cams or roller tip rockers. Factory stock ignition, NO M.S.D. type ignitions. Bolt on aluminum motor parts, example: water pumps are allowed. No external coil ignitions allowed unless OEM part. No angle plug GM heads.
6. Motors must be in stock location. Steel motor mounts are allowed. #1 spark plug must remain in front of ball joint.
7. MUFFLERS ARE MANDATORY.
8. No electric fuel pumps .
9. Weight rule 3200lbs. with driver after race. 3150 lbs for cars with rear drum brakes.
Motor Claim Rule:
PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM A COMPETITORS MOTOR AFTER ANY EVENT FOR $1500.00, NO EXCHANGE!! IF PROMOTER CLAIMS MOTOR, COMPETITOR WILL RECEIVE ALL THEIR MONIES, AWARDS, AND POINTS FOR THAT EVENT PROVIDED THEY RELEASE MOTOR! If driver does not sell motor, he will forfeit points and money for that night and be suspended for the rest of season. His car will also not be allowed to participate until the next year.
IF A COMPETITOR WINS 2 FEATURES IN A ROW, THEY MUST START ON THE TAIL OF THE NEXT MAIN EVENT THEY ARE IN. If they win from the tail they must start the tail in the next main event until they do not win.
Window Net Required!
Competition seat required. 5-point safety harness, approved helmet, and fire suit with gloves are required any time your car is on the track. Safety harness must be no more than four years old.
Fuel cells (max 24 gal) required and must be securely mounted with 2" by 1/8" stell strapping. Must be mounted on rear frame.
No fuel cells to be mounted lower than centerline of rear-end. and must have fuel cell guard mounted on rear of frame.
No fuel filters inside cockpit. Fuel lines that pass through cockpit must be in steel tubing.
Front and rear stock firewalls required.
If battery is located in drivers cockpit it must be encased in a marine type box with lid.
Seat belts must be bolted securely to frame or roll cage with Grade 8 bolts and lock nuts or double nutted.
All weights must be painted white and have your car number on them. Weights must be mounted with bolts to frame or roll cage. No weights allowed on top half of roll cage or on rear bumper. No taping or strapping weights on.
NOTICE TO ALL DRIVERS AND CAR OWNERS
RE: RULEBOOK DISCLAIMER:
No equipment will be considered as having been approved by reason of having passed through tech inspection unobserved.
It is your responsibility to see that your car is legal. If you have an questions, ASK! All cars subject to weekly inspection. There will be no admission or pit fee or entry fees returned if you r car can not run that night for whatever reason. Remember, rules may not cover every incident that may occur. Therefore, in those situations the decision of the promoter and/or inspecting official is final. If you are asked to make changes to your car you must do so that night, please do not ask if you can run one week like it is. If your car is found illegal after a race, you forfeit all monies, trophies, and points for that night.
All drivers are responsible for the actions of their pit crews. Any activity that is deemed to be poor conduct will result in the driver, pit crew member and car owner suspended for a time set forth by the promoter and a fine not exceeding $1000.00 will have to be paid before you are allowed to race again.
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for thee orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events and by participating in these events. All participants are deemed to have complied with these rules No express or implied warranty of safety shall result from publication of/or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The race promoter shall be empowered to permit minor deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result form such alteration of specifications. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
No alcoholic beverages or drugs allowed. Any driver under the influence of either or both of these faces immediate suspension from all activities concerning Lawrenceburg Speedway for a period of time set forth by promoter.
Age restriction : All drivers must be at least 14 years of age to race.